Friday, June 4

Safeway/Carrs Trip

I wanted to check out the buy 8 and save $4 to get a feel for what I wanted to get this week so I did a "quick" trip tonight. I found it a little tricky because you have to buy everything in groups of 8- it doesn't matter how many of a specific item but just that you are purchasing 8 in the items that they have included, which is over a 3000 items I think! I kept my non sale items in the front of the cart and then recounted several times to be sure I was coming out with groups of 8 LOL- Here are the items that I thought were good enough to pick up tonight: Sobe water is .99 and now that the B1G1 coupon reset you could purchase 4 towards your 8 items and get them for $.50 each. The 1.00 Pepsi 2 l. is a good deal for up here too- I used it as a "filler" to even out my final 8 items tonight. I thought 2.00 for Capri suns was a good deal too but I can't remember the cost at Costco- might be cheaper there- I still picked some up since my kids grab them for our summer day trips. Pillsbury sweet rolls are included for 1.90 (I will have to dbl check that price) and I had a .95 off IP coupon. I picked up Kellogg's Frosted Flakes and both the small and large sizes are included in the sale for 2.49 and 3.49- I end up paying $3 a box after coupons (1.50/3 any kellogs cereal) for the large box and I know that's not a great price but I did get the Toy Story rewards with them and I can submit for a $5 concession stand certificate- that combined with our 2 free Toy Story 3 tickets, it will actually make for a reasonable summer event when we take the kids in a few weeks. Not included in the sale but still good prices were the Activa and Dannon drinkables- They are marked down to $2.50 and with the 1.00 blinkie coupons and IP print- it thought it made for an OK price at $1.50 a pack. Those drinkable yogurts go so fast in our house that I hesitate to even buy them but I guess it's a fun treat. And finally.... If you haven't used your Free Butterfingers coupon from FB then you may want to use it there- they are B2G2 -so you can get 3 free when you buy one (.99). I looked for the new coupons for the dairy products but they either didn't have it or I was looking in the wrong spot. ???
No fun mail today! Maybe tomorrow.
I feel like I had something exciting to share and I can't remember- I'll check my receipt in the am and see what it was :-). I did save about 50% on my bill but I am not a big Carrs shopper because even with there price decrease a few months back I still feel like their base prices are a bit higher so 50% is good but a little decieving in my opinion. :-)

No comments: