Friday, June 25

No, not on vacation yet :-)

Just having a lot of fun with the kids and trying to keep all of us busy and myself sane. Not a ton of shopping or bargains to share lately either. I have been doing more online shopping and haven't been out to the local stores so much lately. OK- enough excuses yet?? LOL
I don't think I am up for the $10 challenge that a lot of the local bloggers are doing. I found myself getting a little overwhelmed or consumed with it and since I know it's suppose to be fun, I just decided to take the pressure off for now. I am getting some good freebies in the mail lately and actually did a whole freebie father's day theme along with a very expensive set of Bose speakers (which I LOVE!). I realize it's a little after the fact but these are the things that I came up with for freebies (or almost free) a free 8x10 collage from Walgreens (online special), STP power steering fluid ($2 IP coupon), Armor All car wash and window cleaner (stacked coupons at Target), photo book (Facebook offer)- I think that's all but I know I could have done even more if I had planned it ahead- it was less than a week before the day that I thought of giving it a try. He sort of got a kick out of it but I know he just thinks I am a little crazy with the coupon thing LOL He was very happy with the speakers though.

Today I got a pedometer (w/ vitamin coupons), and a Special K chewy bar. Yesterday my daughter received her free book of the month from the Dolly Parton program. I also got a Lanacane no chaffing cream trial pack but nothing else real exciting that I can remember right now.

I am thinking of trying my luck at Walmart tomorrow- at the very least I will pick up some 2 l. of pop and will check to see if any of the free or money maker register reward items are still available- I doubt it since it's Saturday but there was nothing that I had to have anyways :-).

I mentioned that I have been doing more and more online shopping and finding some great bargains. I follow Hip2save. com blog and she has tons of offers. I purchased all 4 of the kids Halloween costumes and even got 1 for me for about $35 shipped. Now I just have to keep them someplace that they won't get into them until October- otherwise they will not want to use them because they won't be new and fun :-). I know costumes can be found really cheap after Halloween but the few that I did buy the kids have used for dress-up play and were not really great to start with. My order arrived today I am very pleased with the quality and I will be able to pass the bigger ones down to the smaller kids in the years to come. I also did an order from the Disneystore.com and was overcharged for shipping. I contacted customer service and they were really nice to work with and they gave me a $10 gift card along with an apology.

I went into Anchorage this week while my husband took my 3 older kids to see Toy Story 3 and did some shopping at Kohl's- I found some really good clearance and sale items. I bought 3 pairs of Levi jeans for $8.50 and $6.50 each (marked down from $24, which I would never pay for little boys jeans LOL) and some bathroom items that were 75% off in addition to my 15% coupon- so some pretty good deals on things the family needed and on some things that were just fun to get. Plus I have some Kohl's dollars to go back and spend after the 1st- not a problem!

Happy shopping and good bargain hunting to all of you!

No comments: