Saturday, August 14

My Carr's trip

I had a fun, short trip to Carr's this morning. What made it fun was while I was looking for the fruit snacks and cereal deals another lady was shopping the same deals and she noticed (I was with my 3 youngest and they are NOT quite- so hard to not notice us!) that I was using coupons and offered me 1 of hers and also let me know where I could find some of the coupon booklets. I love other coupon people- there seems to be a sort of sisterhood :-) - I also noticed when she was checking out with my not so favorite cashier that she was getting a bit of a run around with her coupons- thankfully the manager came out and pulled me into another lane and I had no issues but I sure felt "coupon ladies" pain. I picked up a lot of cereal and several fruit snacks. I also took advantage of the buy $12 in certain frozen treats then get a $4 on your next order- I had a $1 ip coupon for the skinny cows and was going to purchase 2 of the Dreyers anyways- so that worked out well. In the end my order came to $115 and after coupons and sales it went down to $43! Yae... The women behind me was pretty impressed but quickly started making excuses why that wouldn't work for her- I hadn't even encouraged her but I guess she needed to justify why her bill wouldn't go down 60% LOL! I really just bought the sale items and stocked up on the items for the beginning of the school year, so that was by no means my groceries for the week, just a fun Carr's trip :-). And by the way there are lots of coupon books near the middle cheese cooler and near the meat/pharmacy area at the Wasilla Carr's.

No comments: