Thursday, November 18

Carr's Hefty Storage bags??

Carr's has a B1G1 on their Hefty brand storage bags and in their Fall coupon book (found in cosmetics at Wasilla Store) there is a coupon for a free box of Hefty 1 Quart freezer bags when you purchase Hefty Onezip ValuePack. I have no idea if this can be turned into a deal or not but if anyone else knows please share :-) It looks like Carr's might have some good deals, I just looked at the ad this morning and haven't done any matching but I did notice a lot of B1G1 at the store and then in the freezer section they had a lot of buy 2 get 1 free. I didn't see these in the ad but maybe it was in Sunday's and I just overlooked it.

What I do know... I went to Target yesterday and I really went in hopes of finding some of the  lower 48 reports of great deals on the Toys Story 3 tag reader being on clearance and after coupons for $5, also the $10 on 3 women's sleepware Target coupon resulting in free clothes and the baby alive doll being clearanced down to $5- Well, after all my excitement to find even 1 of these deals I am disappointed to report no such luck in Wasilla. I did get cheap Stovetop stuffing using (2) $1.50 Kraft coupon and .50/2 target coupon (only had 1) and another mfr. for $1 /2 - in the end I bought 6 boxes of stuffing for $1.50! All 3 of my school aged kids took food in for various donations that were being collected today and it was great sending them off with those boxes and some sweet potatoes from Walgreen's for .79. Last week I purchased a lot of baked goods at Walgreen's for some great prices and have the opportunity to donate some of those items this week as well. It's fun to get a good deal and even more fun when you can pass it on to someone less fortunate. It would be even more fun to teach people that don't know and could really benefit how to use coupons so they could score the same deals year round!

I couldn't pass up the pop deals this week at Walgreen's while I was out. I thought I was well stocked from the last sale but apparently we go through a lot of pop so I will pick some more up today to get through the holidays. I looked for the Sinex to do the money maker deal with the Vic's RR this week but didn't see any- still picked up the Dayquil/NyQuil and Ecotrin (for .50) to donate and 2 free Gain dish soap. I spent more out of pocket at Walgreen's than I have in a long time but I do have some RR's to use on next weeks sales.

And last but not least... Fred Meyer. Yes, I went to all of these store yesterday :-). I didn't have my kids and it was a pleasure to shop even if I didn't find all the deals I was hoping to find! I was excited to see the Silk Soy milk on sale for 2.79 and used $1mfr coupon from the Carr's coupon book - 1/2 gallon of choc. silk for 1.79. Also bought a lot of apples for .98/lb and the cream cheese for 1.67 and use the $1/2 Kraft coupon - $1.17. The other items were just things we needed and no great deals.

My goal is to check out the Carr's sale a little closer and if I do find some good deals I will report back tonight :-) If any of you have some great finds please share!

1 comment:

Jessica @ Alaska's Best Grocery Deals said...

Ha, ha....I'm not the only crazy one hitting FM, Walgreens and Target all in the same day! I just got back from Target and I'm on my way out to hit the other two, hopefully they go as well as Target did!!! Thanks for sharing your Target tips this week, sorry your trip didn't go as planned.