Friday, November 19

Another Trip to Target and Walgreenls!

OK- I might as well fess up- I LOVE to shop. I really do go to the store a lot, it may be counter productive to my goal of using coupons but... I do love a good deal :-).
First, this has nothing to do with coupons or savings but I want to share anyways :-) I had to go the DMV in Palmer today and I was shocked to get in and out of there in less than 5 minutes. I use to live in MI and it was nothing to wait hours so this started my day with a good vibe! Nice job DMV.
I had to pick up a new prescription at Target today and got to use the coupon for a $10 gift card on a $5 prescription- love it. The pharmacy was very busy and the opposite of my experience at the DMV but to make it a little more fun I thought I would buy my husband and I one of the yummy special holiday drinks since I had read that they were offering a B1G1 through this weekend- well, they aren't participating at the Starbucks in Target (not sure about other locations) HOWEVER... they are offering the same deal on their Tall beverages- the only difference is it is just that size, as opposed to all of the sizes offered at other locations. That was OK with me and I still had a few dollars left on a gift card from last Christmas (I am not a big coffee drinker so it took me a whole year to use a $10 gift card LOL) so I got our coffee treats for just .75 out of pocket. Well, the wait got to be even longer than expected so we ran over to Walgreen's and I was thrilled to find the Sinex in stock (it was probably there the other day but I was looking in the wrong spot!) so I bought 2 of those, a 2 liter of the new pomegranate 7UP (delicious!) and a Colgate toothpaste that I thought was 2.49 with a 1rr and I used to $4 off of Sinex coupons, and $1 off of the Colgate- my total was 5.50ish and I got back a $5 rr - I did not get one for the Colgate and I don't know if it was my mistake or not but I was running out of time and decided I was happy with getting all of those items for .50 anyways. I had hoped to get sweet potatoes and sparkling juice but both were out of stock - still not a bad day. I came home with more money than I left the house with (thanks to the $10 gift card for the prescription) and several other items. And to top the day off  I picked up my mail and had several freebies including a pair of athletic socks, a very nice Harley Davidson poster and several magazines and lots of coupons.

No comments: