Monday, May 10

My first entry

I have been thinking about doing a coupon blog for several months but a recent challenge from a blogger in AK has encouraged me to go for it. For the next month I am going to track all the items I recieve for free. I will be using coupons and free samples, it will be fun to see what all I get. Many of my coupons for free items come from emailing companies and sharing my opinion or even just asking them if they have coupons! I am excited to do this challenge but I also don't want to accumulate items that I can not use or donate so I may pass up on a few items as well. I haven't tracked my coupons savings but I started back in Aug. and I save an average of $30-$50 a week on groceries buy just using coupons. I also shop clearance and sale items but since I have always done that, I really only look at the savings the coupons have brought our family. It is a little work- in fact my kids call Sunday "coupon day" because I spend several hours every sunday clipping, sorting and creating list to shop at for the week. I also check about 6 blogs daily and even more some days. I stay home with my 2 youngest children and find that I have time to do this, it's not for everyone though :-). At christmas I shared some of my favorite shopping deals and will try to do that as I see great bargains along the way too.

1 comment:

Shannon Clark-Dale said...

Yay Jill! I can't wait to follow along!! Me and my sister in law are coupon addicts!! She is much better then I am. I'm excited to see your deals!! best of luck to you!!