Monday, August 16

Carr's Part 2

So after scoring what I felt like were some pretty good deals at Carr's on Sat. I decided to go back and stock up on more. I often feel like I am buying a ton of items only to run out within a few weeks or a month and then I can't find the items for a good deal again. So, I went back last night and bought more cereal- I paid A$1.75 (averaged it) a box and I know there are coupon shoppers out there that can do better, this is one of those items that I often run out of and then end up paying over $2/ box and sometimes even $2.50- so $1.75 was stock up price for me. I will still look for better cereal deals and won't hesitate to pick up more since we seem to go through it like water. I think I ended up with about 20 boxes but they aren't the big boxes and I am curious to see how long that really last around here.
I also bought more ice cream products - for 2 Dreyer's and 1 skinny cow ice cream sandwiches I paid $13 (not a good price) but I did get a $4 on my next order which brings it down to $9 and the averages to $3 an item and a pretty good deal. I actually like to pay around $2.5o for the ice cream so I didn't really "stock up" - but I have enough for a month. I also bought more fruit roll ups- these averaged out to $.75/box with coupons and money for your next order coupon and definitely a stock up price for us- especially with school coming. I purchased about 9 boxes of these over the 2 days and would have bought more if I had more coupons. I also picked up mayo for $1.50 (22oz) with newspaper coupon and mfr coupon's found by the meat dept. in the store.
When I first looked at the ad last Wed,. I didn't see anything that great but when I really took my time and started pairing it up with the coupons (in store and mfr) it made for some deals that will really help save on breakfast and school lunches as the school year begins.
I hope this info helps!

No comments: